Get timely & accurate market info with MRS
A service offered by the Iowa Cattlemen's Association to help you make informed fed cattle marketing decisions.
The Market Reporting Service (MRS) is one of the nation's most respected sources of timely and accurate fed cattle market information and analysis. MRS was established by Nebraska Cattlemen (NC) in 1989, and ICA has been offering the service for 10 years to Iowa cattlemen.
MRS is staffed by two full-time analysts with more than 45 years combined experience in the fed cattle trading arena. MRS represents a combined capacity of more than 1.5 million head. Participating feedyards range in size from 700 to 70,000 head in capacity, mirroring the diverse nature of today's Midwestern feeding industry.
Subscribers are provided with instant market information via telephone, the MRS website and a new app. Fed cattle bids and sales reports include geographical location, time the trade occurred, and expected yield and quality grade of the cattle. Subscribers are also expected to report information when they receive or accept bids on cattle. (MRS members' names and locations remain anonymous to ensure confidentiality.)
Want to try it for FREE?
Download the MRS form and sign up for a 30-Day FREE Trial
- Unlimited "800" Telephone Access
- Staffed by two full-time analysts
- Real-time market information
- Password protected website and available only to MRS subscribers
- Instant fed cattle trade information on a sale-by-sale basis
- Instant breaking market news updates
- Fed cattle news and commentary
- Pertinent USDA data published upon release
- Daily members-only forums for exchange of market information
- Moderated by MRS members and staff
Cattle On Feed
- Member inventories, previous month's placements, marketings
- Projected marketing intentions by month for upcoming 90 days
- Available at least one week before USDA monthly data
MRS Interactive radar
- All MRS subscribers must be paying members of the Iowa Cattlemen's Association.
- Annual fee of $0.35/head x one time capacity of feedyard, with a minimum fee of $350.
- MRS subscribers are billed annually.
(available only to MRS subscribers)
- MRS Web site access + text messaging to your cell phone
- $30/month (invoiced with MRS service fee)
Return on Investment
If MRS information helps an 800-head feedyard to sell one pen of 100 steers for an additional $1/cwt. then you have...
- More than a 3:1 return on your investment in the MRS
- One pen pays for three years of MRS subscription