Cattle Theft Reward Program
A cash reward up to $5,000 will be paid for information resulting in the arrest and conviction of any person involved in the theft, mutilation or malicious killing of cattle owned by a member of the Iowa Cattlemen's Association (ICA). A cash reward up to $5,000 may also be paid for information resulting in the recovery of cattle stolen from a member of the ICA provided the following conditions are met and complied with:
What do you do when you have cattle missing or stolen?
1. Notify your Sheriff at once.
2. Notify the ICA office at 515-296-2266.
3. Upon verification of cattle theft, mutilation, or malicious killing, the ICA will communicate with local authorities to compile information for distribution among state media. The ICA will promptly send "theft alert" notices to all auction markets in Iowa, as well.
Rules and Regulations
1. The owner of the cattle must be a current member of the Iowa Cattlemen's Association (ICA).
2. The offense must have occurred within the state of Iowa and must be reported to the ICA within 48 hours after discovery.
3. These rewards are not payable to any law enforcement officer, the owner, or employees of the owner of the property involved.
4. A reward not to exceed $5,000 will be paid in each incident. If more than one person is eligible to a reward, the reward authorized will be divided at the discretion of the executive board of the Iowa Cattlemen's Association.
5. Application for the reward must be filed with the Iowa Cattlemen's Association, 2055 Ironwood Court, Ames, IA 50014 within 30 days after the conviction of the person committing the crime. The executive board of the ICA shall consider the application for reward and the decision of the executive board shall be final and binding on all parties.
6. The ICA reserves the right to grant the reward payment to the recipient at a public ceremony and to publicize the event in its own publications and in the general media at the discretion of the ICA executive board.