In any business, you have responsibilities.
In the cattle business, belonging to the Iowa Cattlemen's Association is one of them.
The Mission of the Iowa Cattlemen's Association is 'Grow Iowa's beef business through advocacy, leadership and education.'
The Iowa Cattlemen's Association is an organization of 9,500 Iowa beef-producing families and associated companies dedicated to the future of Iowa's beef industry. At ICA, we connect you to the resources that help you grow your beef business.
The grassroots of the ICA is its county organizations. There are 97 active county organizations involved in a wide variety of activities throughout the year. These activities include identifying regulatory issues that can either help or hinder Iowa cattle farmers; taking part in promotional activities such as grilling beef products at local events, and educational efforts for producers and youth such as sponsoring market outlook meetings or scholarship opportunities.
Join ICA today!
There are two types of ICA memberships. A Producer Membership is reserved for those active in cattle production. This includes cow-calf production, backgrounders, feedyards, and seedstock producers.
Friend of the Industry Membership is for those people and businesses that are supporters of the beef cattle industry. This includes retired producers, input suppliers, restaurants, and those who appreciate the economic value cattle production brings to their communities.
Strategic Priorities & Goals
- Represent ICA Members
- Goal: Be the definitive voice of the Iowa beef industry.
- Have a Legislative and Regulatory Presence
- Goal: Influence the outcome of government actions to the most positive outcome for cattle producers.
- Support Leadership Development of Members
- Goal: Strengthen the leadership capacity of ICA members with a special emphasis on developing young leaders.
- Provide Staff Support to County Affiliates
- Goal: Develop tools and training for county affiliates to effectively implement local activities.